Deltek Vision to Deltek Vantagepoint Transition
Take the Deltek Vantagepoint Quiz
Ever play telephone when you were a kid? When the last person conveyed what was originally said, the message had changed. As a Deltek representative, we have heard all kinds of incorrect statements. A lot of this information being communicated are honest mistakes conveyed by all kinds of people. However, many of these “facts” are coming from competitors spreading incorrect rumors so they can take advantage of your firm and convince you to leave Deltek. With that said, know that Vantagepoint is an upgrade from Vision.
Learn the real facts about upgrading from Deltek Vision to Deltek Vantagepoint and take this short quiz to see if you know the facts.
Is Now the Right Time to Upgrade to Deltek Vantagepoint?
In order to help our clients identify the right time to upgrade, we have developed an assistance program which includes an extensive and detailed questionnaire. At this time, your firm may or may not qualify for the upgrade due to feature-sets or functionality that are not available yet. If your firm would like assistance in evaluating when your firm should make the upgrade, Full Sail Partners has developed an upgrade evaluation program.
The Vantagepoint Upgrade Review and Recommendation Program includes the following:
- Readiness Portal Walk Through
- Qualification Questionnaire (82 questions)
- Review of Questionnaire
- Readiness Meeting with Champions
- Technical Requirements Evaluation (Optional – Additional cost)
- Vantagepoint Upgrade Recommendation (includes presenting recommendation of prioritization and schedule)
We estimate the program will range from 6-10 hours depending on how many modules and your firm's unique requirements. Firms interested in this program should make sure your firm has identified the internal resources that will manage each area of the upgrade. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this program.
What If I Know Our Firm Is Not Ready?
If you know your firm is not ready to upgrade but want to start taking steps towards the upgrade, be sure to visit our Vantagepoint Webinar Series. The webinar sessions discuss different topics. Depending on your modules, some may not apply. The webinar sessions are designed to show you what Vantagepoint looks like and the actions your firm should take to prepare for the upgrade.
Even if you know you aren’t ready now, the Vantagepoint Upgrade Review and Recommendation Program will help outline steps your firm can take in the interim and allow your firm to take advantage of our experts knowledge.
What Are My Options on Getting a Vantagepoint Test Environment?
For firms that are seeking to obtain a Vantagepoint test environment, the answer to this question depends on your current deployment method. Below are the options:
- We are hosted by Deltek Cloud: If your firm is on the Deltek cloud, submit a case to Deltek letting them know you would like to have a test environment set-up for Vantagepoint. This does require further steps that Deltek will convey to you.
- We are hosted by Full Sail Partners: If your firm is hosted by Full Sail Partners, your Primary Contact should have received an email on Wednesday, September 18th outlining when test environments requests can be made and how long those test environments will be made available. If you did not receive the email, please email email@example.com.
- We are hosted by an external hosting providers: If your firm is hosted by an external hosting provider, request that your provider set-up a test environment. If they have not set-up a Vantagepoint environment before, then we recommend you reach out to Full Sail Partners to see how we can assist you. It might make sense to consider moving to Deltek’s cloud, hosting permanently with Full Sail Partners, or utilizing Full Sail Partners’ transition hosting service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of these options.
- We manage our own environment: If your firm manages your own environment, request that your IT staff provide you a test environment. If they have not set-up an environment before, then we recommend you reach out to Full Sail Partners to see how we can assist you. It might make sense to consider moving to Deltek’s cloud, hosting permanently with Full Sail Partners, or utilizing Full Sail Partners’ transition hosting service. Our IT Consultants can also provide consulting services to assist your IT staff. Email email@example.com if you are interested in any of these options.
Keep in mind, the upgrade to Deltek Vantagepoint requires a new install and has new installment requirements. For on-premise clients, please check out our past webinar: Is Your Firm Technically Prepared for Deltek Vantagepoint.