Data Migration Conversion Consultant
The Data Migration Conversion Consultant responsibilities include working with clients, team members & consultants to define, document, design, develop, test and execute legacy ERP data migrations, merges and restructurings. In addition, you will apply Full Sail Consulting project and consulting methods, processes and utilities including the use of extensibility and web integration tools.
Within areas of assigned responsibility our consultants apply analytical and technical thinking to resolve routine client issues and challenges, identify alternatives, provide recommendations, research data migration and integration issues, and provide detailed support and recommendations.
Specific tasks may include source system data extraction, entity transformation, attribute translation, data validation, data loading, conversion testing. Conversion and load tools may include target system load utilities, consulting team tools & scripts, RDBMS system utilities, 3rd & party ETL tools. Functional experience with ERP edge concepts is desired, full ERP/Accounting exposure preferred, project accounting familiarity is a bonus.
Technical skill requirements include RDBMSs SQL, T-SQL, ETL processes, and familiarity with XML, JSON, OS/batch scripts.
Core understanding of functionality and ETL processes SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel, SSMS or similar tools
Role and Responsibilities:
- Utilize analytical and data services knowledge to assist companies with implementing accounting and business management technologies as well as improving their business processes.
- Develop solutions for professional services firms such as architecture, engineering, management consulting and IT.
- Work closely with our team of application consultants and clients to create custom solutions for our clients.
- Proactively communicate with clients and the application implementation team to achieve exceptional client satisfaction.
- Document implementation and system related issues and participate in the collaborative resolution of these issues
- Understand and follow the project plan for client implementations (timeline, budget, schedule, statement of work, training plan, etc.)
Experience with relational databases (tables, view, queries, T-SQL and stored procedures)
Experience with ERP systems
Experience with Data Migration, Merges of information as it relates to information systems
Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
Education, Experience and Skills:
Junior level with 1-3 years experience
Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
MS SQL T-SQL Development
Experience in a consulting/customer advisory -type position
Knowledge of Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint databases
SQL Server RDBMS development
ETL tool development
ERP application implementation and go-live experience
Project planning and management capabilities
Work from home office anywhere in the United States
US Citizenship is required
Travel up to 25%