Do you enjoy a fast pace environment? Full Sail Partners is seeking a SQL Developer. As a SQL Developer you have the opportunity to provide Full Sail Partner’s clients with reporting solutions and enhanced analytical insights using MS SQL Reporting Services to streamline information through their organization. You will translate and relate business processes and concepts into data on the back end, as well as support efforts in architecting and developing a client’s unique requirements by programming stored procedures, migrating data from one database to another, and working with Deltek Vision.
This is a full time opportunity, and the position is in a remote work from home arrangement - as such motivation, communciation, and accuracy are highly important.
- Writing SSRS reports using Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Creating Stored Procedures, Functions and other programmatic objects in a database to facilitate client’s reports or workflows.
- Engaging with our hosting team solution architects on efforts surrounding hosted database initiatives.
- Participating in the development of repeatable solutions that can be productized.
- Manipulating data from disparate systems for population into the Deltek Vision system as part of a client’s data migration process.
- Supporting the development of an organization’s data warehouse by utilizing the star schema approach and deploying best practices relative to ETL processes
- Delivering reporting that brings a new level of visibility into to organizational key performance indicators with respect to each client.
- Learning the architecture and environment surrounding the Deltek Vision application as you go.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills including, pivot tables, formulas, VBA and macros
- 3 – 5 years’ experience writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures on Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years’ experience with writing reports for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using BIDS 2005/2008/2008R2 or SSDT 2013
- 3+ years’ experience in interfacing and collaborating with stakeholders, capturing requirements and delivering solutions successfully
- Strong background in Microsoft technologies
- Experience in working with databases that support a web based ASP.NET application
- Experience with financial, CRM, or ERP databases, preferably Deltek Vision
- Exposure to extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) skills using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Transact-SQL; fluency with best practices for ETL design and development
- Experience using Visual Basic to extend functionality of SSRS reports
- Knowledge in database development including performance tuning in a SQL Server environment using Transact SQL
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) a plus
- Previous experience with other BI concepts and practices a plus
- Azure Databases
- Team Foundation Server
- This position works from home, as the entire company is a virtual environment. Candidates should be self-motivated, disciplined and able to report on key metrics related to performance.
- The position requires a quiet dedicated space for a home office.
- Although the position works remote, preferred locations include Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego
- Position is a full-time position. Benefits include health insurance, PTO and paid holidays.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and a portion of the salary is success based.