By now, you’ve probably heard about Deltek for Professional Services (DPS), but how does the next generation Deltek product help your firm? To answer this question, it’s easiest to break down the firm into its key roles and show the benefits of DPS to each of them. So, role by role, let’s look at the top 5 benefits of DPS.
Marketing is all about firm promotion to assist the business development team with connecting a firm to a potential new client. Firms must deliver and manage marketing campaigns and streamline the proposal process to win more projects. So, how does DPS benefit marketing managers?
Using DPS, marketing managers can:
- Monitor campaigns to find potential clients and follow up on leads
- Track marketing ROI and win rates
- Deliver better and more information packed proposals
- Eliminate wasted time and double entry with all the information you need in a single view
- Collaborate on proposals through conversations, tasks, shared documents, and calendar events
Business Development Manager
Business development requires keeping a close eye on all your opportunities. Business development managers must track all their activities and touchpoints to ensure they are meeting their goals. Let’s see how DPS benefits business development managers.
Using DPS, business development managers can:
- Cultivate, nurture, and manage relationships with clients employing tools available
- Easily see your sales pipeline to ensure goals are met
- Provide competitive and reliable project estimates to ensure profitable projects
- Easily collaborate across the firm to make the most of limited business development time and resources
- Drive the go/no-go process to determine the best opportunities to pursue
Delivering a profitable project on time that exceeds the client’s expectations can be difficult. Project managers must have the tools at their fingertips to make this happen. How does DPS help project managers?
Using DPS, project managers can:
- Easily build project schedules and budgets for a profitable project
- Utilize the right people on the right projects to deliver on schedule and under budget
- See all necessary project aspects on one screen
- Utilize alerts and dashboards to identify potential risks and make the required adjustments
- Collaborate with project teams through conversations, tasks, shared files, and events to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
Human Resources Manager
Finding and retaining the best talent in the professional services industry can be difficult for human resources managers. Human resources managers need to quickly find, onboard, and retain top talent. What can DPS do for human resources managers?
Using DPS, human resources managers can:
- Manage skills and certifications so they have the information they need to assign the right resources to projects
- Forecast and fill resourcing gaps
- Utilize customized self-service onboarding so talent can become billable faster
- Evaluate resources at the project level to ensure project performance is at its best
- View your firm’s new hire information, retention rates, and turnover ratios
For a controller at a professional services firm, it can be extremely difficult to get accurate and timely financial information on projects and clients. Controllers need to track important metrics and address red flags before they affect the profitability of projects. Check out how DPS benefits controllers.
Using DPS, controllers can:
- Generate invoices that are correct the first time
- Get paid faster with interactive and automated billing tools in combination with robust accounts receivable management
- Always know when things need your attention with thorough reporting
- Track your goals by monitoring key metrics including margins, utilization rates, and cash flow
- Quickly capture accurate information with simple timesheets and expenses
As the firm leader, the executive needs critical firm information at his fingertips. Executives manage the entire project from pursuit to payment and everything in between. How then do executives benefit from DPS?
Using DPS, executives can:
- See the most profitable types of projects
- Gain more profitability and efficiency by adjusting teams, projects, and resources
- Make better and faster business decisions with all the information about the firm in a single view
- Give employees a solution that is easy to use so they have more time for things that matter most
- Find clients that are draining resources and hurting the bottom line
Deltek for Professional Services is the Answer to “What if”
What if it all just worked? With DPS, your firm can simplify the entire project lifecycle, from winning the project to getting paid by the client at the end. If your firm is ready to increase its profits and win more business, now is the time to see what DPS can do for you.