As a Deltek representative, we have heard all kinds of misconceptions about Deltek Vantagepoint. Despite our monthly newsletters, webinar series, and continued communication, we are still speaking to firms that are confused or have been advised incorrect information about transitioning from Vision to Vantagepoint. Most are honest mistakes conveyed by all kinds of people. However, many of these "untruths" are coming from competitors spreading incorrect rumors so they can take advantage of your firm and convince you to leave Deltek.
We need your help! Please send this blog to everyone at your firm. Share it with user groups you are involved with and other firms you know use Deltek Vision. Below are the real facts about upgrading from Deltek Vision to Deltek Vantagepoint. Please help us to dispel the misconceptions.
What is Deltek Vantagepoint?
- Deltek's reimagined flagship project-based solution for architects, engineers, and other professional services businesses.
- Designed to help you manage the entire project lifecycle better than before.
- This new solution is the culmination of the acceleration to iAccess and is based on feedback from our customers over the past 10 years.
- An intuitive, powerful solution that puts your people and projects at the center of your business so you can be more efficient, productive and profitable.
For executives or employees wanting to view the upcoming changes, we recommend checking out this webinar: Deltek Vantagepoint - The Best All In One Package. The webinar reviews the top 10 new features of Deltek Vantagepoint, how to access the Readiness Portal and provides guidance on next steps.
Dispelling the Misconceptions about Deltek Vantagepoint
Q: Is Deltek Vantagepoint a new product?
A: It is a continuation of the Vision product. Think Vision 10!
Q: Will our firm need to repurchase to move to Deltek Vantagepoint?
A: No! As long as you are current on maintenance.
Q: How long will Deltek Vision continue to be supported?
A: Through at least 2022. We want to emphasize the "at least" part.
Q: In order to get Deltek Vantagepoint do I have to move to the cloud?
A: No! However, it might make sense so reach out to your account manager if you are interested.
Q: Will Deltek Vantagepoint be available on-premise?
Q: Will Deltek Vantagepoint require me to migrate my data?
A: No! Your data will move over. There are some considerations if you have repurposed any info centers.
Q: Will all of my user defined fields and user defined info centers move over?
Q: Will Vantagepoint contain the exact functionality as Vision 7.6?
A: No. The product is being reimagined and improved. There are certain areas that will not move forward. Please see that section below.
Q: Can my firm request to upgrade to Deltek Vantagepoint and move next week?
A: We do not recommend that. There are considerations that need to be made. We highly recommend reviewing the checklist on the Readiness Portal and viewing our webinar series first.
What Are My Options on Getting a Vantagepoint Test Environment?
For firms that are seeking to obtain a Vantagepoint test environment, the answer to this question depends on your current deployment method. Below are the options:
- We are hosted by Deltek Cloud: If your firm is on the Deltek cloud, submit a case to Deltek letting them know you would like to have a test environment set-up for Vantagepoint. This does require further steps that Deltek will convey to you.
- We are hosted by Full Sail Partners: If your firm is hosted by Full Sail Partners, your Primary Contact should have received an email on Wednesday, September 18th outlining when test environment requests can be made and how long those test environments will be made available. If you did not receive the email, email hosting.
- We are hosted by an external hosting provider: If your firm is hosted by an external hosting provider, request that your provider set-up a test environment. If they have not set-up a Vantagepoint environment before, then we recommend you reach out to Full Sail Partners or your partner of record. It might make sense to consider moving to Deltek's cloud, hosting permanently with Full Sail Partners, or utilizing Full Sail Partners' transition hosting service. Contact us if you are interested in any of these options.
- We manage our own environment: If your firm manages your own environment, request that your IT staff provide you a test environment. If they have not set-up an environment before, then we recommend you reach out to Full Sail Partners or your partner of record. It might make sense to consider moving to Deltek's cloud, hosting permanently with Full Sail Partners, or utilizing Full Sail Partners' transition hosting service. Our IT Consultants can also provide consulting services to assist your IT staff. Contact us if you are interested in any of these options.
Keep in mind, the upgrade to Deltek Vantagepoint requires a new install and has new installment requirements. For on-premise clients, please check out our past webinar: Is Your Firm Technically Prepared for Deltek Vantagepoint.
Who Do I Contact?
If your firm is seeking assistance with upgrading to Vantagepoint, our team is here to help. Check out our Vantagepoint Upgrade Review and Recommendation Program. Additionally, here are other resources to know.
- If you need any help accessing the portal, please e-mail DeltekUniversity (at) Deltek.com.
- If you have any questions about the content in the portal, please e-mail Vantagepoint (at) Deltek.com.
- If you have any questions about your preview or live Deltek software, please contact Deltek Customer Care https://deltek.custhelp.com/.
- If you need assistance with your upgrade, contact us or your partner of record.
Deltek Vantagepoint Resources
Make sure to check out our webinar series about preparing for the upgrade to Deltek Vantagepoint. In this series, our team of consultants cover a variety of topics such as technical requirements, resource planning and project management, new CRM functions, and the improved accounting interface. This webinar series page also includes demonstrations of Deltek Vantagepoint. If you prefer to read about the enhancements, check out all the articles we have posted about the enhancements Vantagepoint offers to firms that upgrade from Vision!