One of the topics that keeps arising from the Deltek user base is utilizing business intelligence (BI) tools. Firms are seeking out BI tools for different reasons, but all are seeking to provide further analysis and visibility to employees within the firm. Some of the key products firms are investigating include Power BI to Tableau to Informer. So, what is the best BI tool for Deltek Vantagepoint users? Let’s dive in and discuss why firms are seeking out BI tools and discuss what we have found to be the best solution.
Clients Want More
The Deltek Vantagepoint product is robust and provides many out-of-the-box visuals and dashboards, but there are some further capabilities that require users to turn to a BI tool. Some of the most common features include:
- Report upon any table or field not just pre-selected datasets
- Create visuals combining different hubs or tables (For example, Project and GL Reports)
- Drilldown capabilities from a visual
- Combine outside data from payroll, marketing solutions, etc.
- Track against goals, KPIs, and industry benchmarks
Why Informer Stands Out Amongst Other Business Intelligence Solutions
- Cloud Compatible – Deltek users in the cloud need not worry. A benefit of Informer is that it is Deltek cloud compatible. The API is pre-configured, and the data connection is already established. For your technology team, this is an important point since this would require a significant effort to establish.
- Ease Burden on IT – Deploying a BI tool can be cumbersome for technology teams. Our streamlined approach to deploy a BI solution saves time and resources. Most tools require in-depth data base programming skillsets, such as SQL. One of the key benefits of Informer is its intuitive and user-friendly capabilities, including dataset and visual design.
- Integrated Security with Deltek Vantagepoint – Informer utilizes the same security protocols utilized with your Deltek product streamlining the login process. A key advantage is user data is synchronized so you can mirror security preferences used in Deltek. As an example, when users are disabled within your Deltek product, they are also disabled within Informer.
- Combine Outside Data – Users can combine multiple outside data sources. For example, firms can bring in payroll data or other third-party solution data for further analysis.
- Out-of-the-Box Standards – No more starting from scratch and spending months and even years building out something that could be available to you day one. Our team has built what we call the gold standard, a starting point for project-based firms. On the first meeting, our team will show you how your data looks in our out-of-the-box datasets, visuals and dashboards. We will then work with your team to tweak datasets to your definitions and work with you to validate the data. Our gold standard includes visuals from the Executive down to the Employee and every role in between.
- Drilldown Capabilities is Built-in – Informer offers built-in drilldowns to transactional data on visuals. The drilldowns are automatically configured on visuals. In other BI tools it is just another thing you have to design, but not in Informer.
- Send Reports and Alerts Based on Conditions – Informer allows users to tap into their data and email certain filtered views to internal or external recipients. Emails and alerts can be scheduled on any conditional criteria. For example, as Project Managers utilize 80% of their budget, an email can be sent with a link to their dashboard and a breakdown of time on their project.
- Schedule Data Updates On-Demand – Users can schedule data to be refreshed on-demand or at specific time intervals. Datasets can also be scheduled on separate intervals. Some BI tools lack this flexibility, and all data is refreshed at one time. For example, opportunities may be updated every two hours, projects updated nightly, and income statements updated monthly after postings.
- Mobile Accessibility – Dashboards can be viewed on-the-go on any mobile device. One of the key differentiators between Informer and other BI tools is its drilldown capability. Informer content is automatically configured for mobile viewing without any additional development.
See Informer in Action
If you are ready to see more, we recommend checking out this previously presented demonstration webinar to see highlights of the capabilities of the product. Firms that have moved to Informer are finding tremendous benefits. Check out this case story to see how two firms moved from clunky and time consuming methods to up-to-date data with the click of a button. If these two webinars don’t provide you enough information, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a demonstration or discuss your specific needs.
Power BI, Tableau, and Informer each offers unique features, but our clients believe Deltek users will find Informer to be the best business intelligence tool option. Be sure to join our upcoming webinar providing a more in-depth analysis of the capabilities of each of these products and learn what the future holds for BI tools.